Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just another drop in the ocean

I am looking out of the window while rain lashes down Mumbai this monsoon. All I can see is nothing and nothing at all. If I state that I can actually see the faint buildings standing against the wind and rain, then I am just forcefully imagining. Forceful imagination is something that drives our society. We hear stories about the Fukushima heroes aged all from 9 to 90. We smile with the thought of how great a nation they are before we go out and bribe a traffic cop. Well they say if we stop bribing, corruption would automatically end. May be true but surely not a remedy that we seek. The basis of a sacrifice done must be a selfless thought and not a selfish thought about a bigger gain in our forceful imagination.

Right from slavery to independence to global power to "I hope not". There are lessons learnt and lessons thought along with the lessons forgotten forever or lessons covered up forever. What I have learnt or what I have been taught are just funny stories depicting bright and colorful endings. What I should have been taught were those dark stories which are classified as stories matured enough for you to read and understand when you are 9. The same stories that are then classified as way too juvenile to read and learn when you are 10.

A place where the patriotic songs are sung with our heads held high. A place where I am considering not to offend anyone's feelings while writing this blog. A place where patriots are placed equal to god. A place where when I try being a patriot makes people smirk. Well people alone are not to be blamed. I mean my strong will fades away and doubts creep up my inner self questioning if I am doing the right thing. I am not qualified to be a strong-willed patriot but then who is? The answer depends on how many me(s) populate the place. I do not wish to be culminated in an idea to have selective breeding produce better offspring. I do not wish to be genetically modified. I just wish to be educated. But then is it up to me to wish?

No comments:

Post a Comment